Friday, August 1, 2014

Fish From The Sea

A cup of tea or fish from the sea, which collection is me? Yesterday's blog was about tea cups and saucers which are not me and today I am looking at my fish collection, which is more like me. Whenever I was traveling, I would purchase fish made from rubber, onyx, wood, plastic, stone, glass or ceramic. At one time my bathroom and bedroom had fish staring at me from where ever I could find a place for them. Fish were on my walls, on dressers, window sills and sinks. When I realized how much time I spent wiping and dusting the fish, I wrapped them up and stored them in my basement.

The garage sale I had this past weekend, got me in the mood for getting rid of stuff and I intend to get rid of the majority of my fish collection. There are a few fish I will not sell or give away. Instead, I will set them out so I can enjoy them again!







There is something about the face of a fish that appeals to me. Maybe it's the little puckered lips or the eyes without lashes. Whatever it is, I like to look at fish. On my television stand I have placed my favorite fish that I intend to keep. Well, at least until I have another garage sale!
.




Q:  What did the fish say when
       it hit a concrete wall?
A:   "Dam!"

No comments:

Post a Comment