Thursday, August 28, 2014

How To Feel Happy

Yesterday I figured out how to feel good and stay happy. Surround yourself with happy, cheerful, pleasant, agreeable, sunny, friendly, smiling, jolly, joyful, bubbly and gleeful people. Yesterday was my first day of taking a group of 50 persons to Blackhawk to gamble. I did not know what to expect and was surprised to
see how everyone seemed so happy.  Two persons were on walkers, some had canes, and some limped but it did not stop them from being ready for a fun day.

I was impressed at how everyone seemed to be friends. It was seeing a group of good Christian people behaving much like our religion wants us to -- by loving thy neighbor. A lady baked apple bars for the people on the bus. Somehow, it reminded me of a party bus!  I saw many smiles and helpful people. Those that could assisted those that couldn't. Being with the fun-loving people made me feel good.

Even when people were losing their money at the slot machines, they had a good attitude. I heard:

 "It's only money."
"Don't play to win, just have fun."
"It's fun when you can win enough to play with their money."
"Hey, I love coming to Blackhawk."
"I've won some money."
"This machine is so much fun."
"Here, let me show you how this train machine works."
"I enjoy the Wizard of Oz machine."
"This machine has lots of bells and whistles."
"I only bring up so much and when that is gone, I quit."
"Where is the ATM?"

As I wandered from player to player to see how they were doing, I never heard one negative remark. People gathered in groups for a free lunch and when we left the casino, we were given 100 Grand....no not money but a delicious candy bar. The Mardi Gras Casino treated us to a wonderful day. In fact, the whole day from 8:30 in the morning until three in the afternoon was enjoyable. As far as I could see, that happy and joyful feeling I felt, seemed to also be shared by all the persons on the bus.

What is the difference between praying in a casino and praying in church?
You really mean it in the casino!

No comments:

Post a Comment