Looking at the lap-top screen with bleary eyes. My head has a dull ache. When I swallow my throat hurts. I have to breathe through my mouth. And I need to keep a box of tissues near by to blow my nose when it begins to gush! On Monday afternoon, around four, a burning in the back of my throat made me wonder if I was coming down with something. I didn't feel bad when I went to bed but in the middle of the night I got up and gargled with hot water and salt to try to ease my sore throat. I also found an old Vicks bottle, probably fifteen years old, and put some of the balm around my nostrils. I have placed a warm washcloth over my face to relieve some of the pressure.
Tuesday I ran around doing my errands and feeling all right but I could tell I was going to be sick. I spent a lot of time in bed and drinking water hoping I could stave off a full blown cold. It didn't work. I was up most of the night, chilled one minute and sweating the next. I filled a trashcan with tissues.
Wednesday, I went to Wal-Mart and purchased a new bottle of Vicks, and some Coricidin, the only cold medicine I can take. I took one red pill and went to bed. All afternoon I have been up and down, covered and uncovered, sleeping and awake, moments when I feel okay and suddenly hacking and coughing. It is irritating, depending on which way my head is turned, that is the nostril that will get clogged. When I get up, my nose gushes with what looks like water. The sore throat seems to be gone.
The pill must have begun to work because I dozed off and woke up two hours later. There was a puddle of saliva on my pillow and my mouth was still dripping wetness. It is time to take another pill, so I will see how tonight will transpire. Maybe I will recover! I fixed me a Campbell Chicken Soup, also has been in my pantry for a few years, with the hope that Jewish mothers know what will make me healthy.
How is this possible. I have not had a cold for over four years. I wash my hands every time I come into the house. I carry hand sanitizer in my car and purse. I try real hard not to let bacteria grow on my hands. And now I have a full blown cold. Go figure!
No comments:
Post a Comment