Sunday, February 15, 2015

A Single Yellow Flower

Yesterday, as I was leaving the house, I spotted a yellow bloom. In the corner of  what used to be a flower patch, I saw the small yellow crocus popping out of the dry ground. Seeing the one flower gave me a good feeling that spring would soon follow.



"Where flowers bloom, 
so does hope"  
Lady Bird Johnson

There was a time when the whole flower bed would be filled with different flowers and colors, but now it is a dry patch with dead leaves, twigs, and dirt. Yet, in all that dryness there is a solitary bloom. The dictionary describes Crocuses as:  Any of the small, bulbous plants of the genus Crocus, of the Iris family,
cultivated for their showy, solitary flowers, which are among the first to bloom in the spring"
 

"If we could see the miracle
of a single flower clearly, 
our whole life would change."
Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment