I remember when I would travel to California to babysit with my granddaughters and now I go to babysit with Luna, their dog! As I was pulled through the neighborhood by Luna, I marveled at the beautiful flowers. I took pictures of some of them and even though Luna was not happy when I stopped to take a picture, I was! Such beauty on our walks and the weather was perfect! I know I got more exercise than I get in Colorado even though on one day I got lost in the neighborhood. I know it sounds impossible, but somehow I had no idea where I was or how far I was from the house.
My mistake was crossing a bridge over a golf course and ending up far away from the house. I thought it would just be a matter of a few blocks and I'd be back to where I started. How wrong I was! When I finally saw a park that I recognized I knew where I was but still quite a distance from the house. Luna seemed in good spirits but I was tired, thirsty and hot.
Two hours later, we made it home. I don't know how far we had walked yet it was far enough to make my ankle give me some pain. After we both drank some water, she stretched out on the cool floor and I fell into bed for a nap.
Even though the walk took a long time, the blooming flowers gave me some consolation as I trudged along on that long, tiring walk!
They are beautiful!
ReplyDelete