Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Ideas for Future Blogs

Friday Feb 18, 2015
1)     At a Small Church Community meeting ISIS was being put down, anger at how cruel the group acts,
and how God would never forgive members of ISIS. Playing the Devil's Advocate I said, "At the time of death, if the ISIS member was truly sorry for sins committed, God would forgive him."
Someone said, "But these people are killing Christians, I don't believe they would be forgiven."
I brought up the Spanish Inquisition and said that those were Christians killing and torturing other Christians. Someone asked, "Why were they jailing and torturing them?" I responded that some Christians in the Spanish Inquisition believed those being killed to be against the teachings of the church, but in some cases, it was to get land and properties. Another SCC member said, "God for some, is the dollar." I agreed.

Thursday, Feb 19, 2015
2)     Spending most of the day trying to figure out my Verizon bill. Even though I got a free iPhone my bills since mid-January have totaled around $248. I called and spoke to one man and he convinced me that the charges were for getting the new phone hooked up. When I got my Visa bill and noticed that I had already paid for the hook up, a case, a protective cover which came to $109.00. I called Verizon again and the man went over each amount on the bill. I asked if I was being double charged. He went over each item and again convinced me that the bill was correct. No matter what I asked, he had an answer that made sense. These were one time charges, he told me, and my future bills would be right around $73 a month. My final thought is that having a smart phone is expensive!

Friday, Feb 20, 2015

3)  Had a birthday lunch for my son who turned fifty-two years old. We went to Billy's Inn in North Denver and even though the place is noisy we enjoyed the food and recalling past memories.









4)     Weather forecaster predicted over a foot of snow for this weekend. I stopped at the grocery store for a few things and what a shock when I saw the lines of people stocking up. Buggies were all gone and people had to wait for some to be brought in. There must have been about 15 persons in each line waiting to be checked out. Every counter was busy with checkers busy ringing up every bodies groceries. My clerk grinned and said, "Won't it be funny if the forecast is wrong?" I said, "After seeing the storm on the east coast, I can understand why people want to stock up in case they are unable to leave their homes because of deep snow."


Feb 21, 2015
5)  Once again my tree is covered in snow. One photo was taken in October of 2014 and one taken this morning. The snow is continuing to fall and Arvada has eight inches with more expected throughout the night and Sunday. On February 25, I took another picture. The winter views are so similar it's like having a deja vu moment!



No comments:

Post a Comment