Later in life, I remember people who had a great sense of humor and eventually I would become friends with that person. I picked my friends for their honesty, their kindness, and if they laughed at my jokes! The friendships that have lasted have been for over fifty years and even though we do not see each other that often, when we do see each other it is as if no time has passed. Some of my friends have passed away and to this day, I still think about them.
Yesterday, I
After opening our gifts we hugged and parted to our respective lives. I felt loved and I value our friendship.
I enjoyed cards I received and reading all the Facebook wishes. This was a very special birthday thanks to my friends!
"I cannot even imagine
where I would be today
were it not for that handful
of friends who have given
me a heart full of joy.
Let's face it, friends
make life a lot more fun!"
Charles R. Swindoll
*****
Another Lunch With a Dear Friend
Ernie's then became My Three Sons and for Christmas the place became a sparkling winter wonderland. For years I would meet two friends for Christmas at the restaurant and exchange gifts and eat delicious meals. Today the place has been remodeled with large open windows that gives the impression of sitting outdoors.
After three hours of talking, we parted ways with big hugs. An enjoyable lunch with a friend who is thoughtful, kind, helpful, cheerful and fun. Her daughters are the same age as my granddaughters so we have a lot to share and compare while eating a delicious pizza and salad.
******
One Week Later and Enjoying a Birthday Lunch
Attending a book club, I remember thinking that I would love to be friends with one of the members. I liked how she thought and expressed herself at the meetings. When I made a comment, I remember she agreed with me and that made me like her more. Little by little, we became friends and we try to see each other at least once a week. It seems that we never run out of things to talk about and today was no different. We chatted while enjoying lunch at Santiago's Mexican food in Arvada.
One thing that impressed me about my friend was that she helped me while I was recuperating from my broken ankle. She would pick up my mail and when she brought it home to me, we would sit and talk. Since we both are book lovers, we discussed many a story! I admired her when she would not leave another friend who was in hospice care. Even now, she will drive to the cemetery to take flowers to our friend.
Today I enjoyed a birthday lunch with my dear and thoughtful friend.
"I value the friend who for me
finds time on his calendar,
but I cherish the friend who for me
does not consult his calendar."
Robert Brault.
Happy Birthday! You look great! Glad you had a great time over the last several days celebrating!!! I am sorry I forgot!!
ReplyDeleteThanks friend....yesterday completed my fourth day of celebrating! It's hard to believe I am older today than I was a week ago!
ReplyDelete