The church looks very modern from the outside, yet the inside seemed dated and a bit old-fashioned. It reminded me of churches from my past. There is a statue of St. Benedict at the entrance because the Benedictines were the first ones to serve the parish, though they no longer responsible for the parish. There is also a cemetery on the church grounds.
I continued driving west on South Boulder Road and got completely lost. I drove around looking for one familiar sign or building but could see none. The street names I thought I knew were Flatirons, University, Broadway, Canyon, Crossroads, and Pearl but nothing familiar. I do know I was on those streets more than once! I asked Siri on my phone and she told me Trader Joe's was located on 28th but when I inquired further she gave me some address in South Africa!
Traveling, who knows which direction, I ended up headed home on Broadway. The only clue I had was an arrow pointing to where Arvada could be found. As I passed Standley Lake, I knew I was no longer lost.
Did you ever find Trader Joe's? I have gone this way before, but I got my directions from Mapquest and I didn't get lost! Which is a surprise, because I usually end up doing a lot of "touring" before I find my destination!
ReplyDeleteNope, I never got to Trader Joe's.
ReplyDelete