Thursday, May 5, 2016

Potrancas

What in the heck does Potranca mean? My Webster New World Dictionary has one word of Potra as the definition of filly, a young female horse. The Internet, when I looked up Potrancas, gave two definitions of filly and pony. The restaurant must be named after two fillies and by some of the pictures or wood carvings around the restaurant I did see two horses.

As I walked into the restaurant where we had decided to eat a late lunch, I couldn't help but feel happy and filled with joy. What a cheerful and pleasant looking place with every bright color imaginable on the walls, tables and chairs. I saw pink flamingos, cowboy hats and the head of a bull!  The staff was helpful and efficient in their sharp looking black shirts and the food was tasty. The prices were reasonable and the amounts leaned toward being a large portion. I brought back what I couldn't finish in a box. In fact, we all walked out with our hefty left overs!




"Panza llena,
corazon contento."
Spanish Saying

1 comment: