My son had some tattoos across his chest and I liked the one of his children's names over his heart. The Peruvian Deity across his chest and stomach I did not like. When his girl friend's son was fifteen years old my son took the young boy to get a tattoo and the boy's mother was not pleased. Before my son passed away, he had an appointment to get a tattoo. My grandson took the appointment and went in to have a tattoo put on his arm. He got a similar tattoo that would have been on my son. Yesterday, the young lady who waited on me at a coffee shop had one arm decorated with tattoos. It seems that tattoos are the in thing and I see tattoos everywhere.
What I am noticing is that older women are also getting tattoos. Two of my friends, an eighty year old and a seventy-so have also gotten small tattoos on their bodies. People I would never think they would get a tattoo are sporting them as ankle or wrist bracelets. I remember my father had a tattoo of a flag on his arm and when he died at ninety-six it was still on his arm but very faded.
Today I got a surprise when my sixteen year old daughter showed me her sunflower tattoo on her wrist. She asked me if I was mad because she did it. I told her that what she did with her body was her business but I did not like tattoos on any one's body. "I didn't like it when my son got one, when my grandson got one and now when you got one. But if you like it, that is all that matters." She said,
"I like it."
"I like it."
In an article on About Style on the Internet this is what I found out under Brief History of Tattooing:
Explorer Captain James Cook is credited for words taboo and tattoo. His sailing voyages around the world let him to the Tahitian and Polynesian Islands where tattooing was openly practiced. Inscribing the language into his diary he introduced both words to the English language in 1769.
Tattooing has been around for a long time!
The trend of tattoo art has been picked up by many persons and the artists who do the tattoos are becoming more sophisticated. On Pinterest there are many samples of tattoos and some are beautiful, but it may be the generation gap; I do not like tattoos. Yet, who knows, some day I may even get one, though I doubt it!
Explorer Captain James Cook is credited for words taboo and tattoo. His sailing voyages around the world let him to the Tahitian and Polynesian Islands where tattooing was openly practiced. Inscribing the language into his diary he introduced both words to the English language in 1769.
Tattooing has been around for a long time!
The trend of tattoo art has been picked up by many persons and the artists who do the tattoos are becoming more sophisticated. On Pinterest there are many samples of tattoos and some are beautiful, but it may be the generation gap; I do not like tattoos. Yet, who knows, some day I may even get one, though I doubt it!
"Tattoos are like stories -- they're symbolic
of the important moments in your life.
Sitting down, talking about where you
got each tattoo and what it symbolizes,
is really beautiful."
Pamela Anderson

If you ever got one, what would it be?
ReplyDeleteSomething small but when I see all the tattoos on Pinterest it would be a hard decision to pick one that I would like forever!
ReplyDelete