After mass at Notre Dame Church, the final ceremony was at Mt. Lindo in a beautiful mountain cemetery. We slowly moved over many
switch-backs over a dusty, dirt road to reach the top. As the procession of cars curled its way up the mountain, the driver of the car said, "Hey, are we on our way to heaven?"
At night a giant cross glows from Mt. Lindo in south-west Denver. This was my third time to the cemetery on top of Mt. Lindo and I find the place a quiet and beautiful place. The area is a good place for wild life and once when I visited a friend who is interned on top of the mountain there were signs to "watch out for bears."
The ride down from the mountain gives us a spectacular view of the Denver skyline as we made our way to the reception.
"Bury me in a place I can see forever.
Bury me high on a mountain.
Let wild life wander near
Let me enjoy the pine tree smell,
This is where I will forever dwell."
E. Moscoso
No comments:
Post a Comment