Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Look What I Found

Leaving the decluttering of my closets behind, I went through a box of loose pictures. I found some photos of my Dad and decided to place them in my computer. The actual photos I sent to my brother so that he could enjoy them also. The one picture with my Mother is a rarity because I do not have many pictures of her. The date on the back of the photo is June, 1959.





An interesting phenomena is that in the different years these pictures were taken, my brother looks the same. What could his secret be to not age like the rest of us?







The back of the picture with Dad in his hat and trees in the background is dated July, 1988.  Dad standing in front of a washer and dryer was when he lived at the Garden's of St. Elizabeth and on a visit I found him doing his laundry. He died a few months after the picture was taken.

The picture with my two brothers and me was the day of my father's funeral. We commented on how we were now orphans with my Mom leaving us on July 2, 1974 and my father passing away on June 14, 2001.

Dad was ninety-six years old when he passed away and was alert until he went into hospice at Lutheran Hospital. The picture below is a favorite of mine and probably the best picture taken of my father.


"A good snap shot
keeps a moment
from running away."
Eudora Welty

2 comments: