Friday, May 11, 2018

Kombucha

Maybe I am not up to date with certain drinks but I had never heard of Kombucha until a lady at King Soopers was giving out samples. I found the drink to taste like wine and it had the bubbly feeling of champagne. She had eleven samples; citrus hops, clear mind, ginger turmeric, happiness, herbal uplift, lemon ginger cayenne, love, mint lemonade, spiced apple (the one I tasted), super berry, and strawberry basil. The ad mentioned that it was authentic kombucha made by a tea company.

Of course I checked the Internet and found out that it is a beverage produced by fermenting sweet tea with a culture of yeast and bacteria. Supposedly there are health and beauty benefits in drinking Dr. Kombucha Tea!

People were lining up to try the exotic drink and some of those tasting Kombucha said,  "I've never heard of this drink," and that made me feel good because I wasn't the only one that had never heard of it! There must be tea houses that serve Townshend's Tea because the sample card I was given had this information written on it. We start with the same loose-leaf organic teas we serve in our Townshend's Tea Houses.  Then we blend in organic herbs, fruits or other botanicals. No juices or flavorings are added after fermentation, making Brew Dr. a truly 100%  raw kombucha with trillions of live and active culture in every batch.

"If a man has no tea
in him, he is incapable
of understanding
truth and beauty."
Japanese Proverb







No comments:

Post a Comment