Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Scammed

On January 3, 2019, I saw a Facebook item informing me that Savannah Guthrie was leaving NBC to pursue her skin care line. Usually I am cautious and do not fall for such advertisements but I thought, if Savannah Guthrie is behind this new skin care, it must be good. I ordered the Radiance Skin Care and the Rejuvenating Eye Serum and all I paid was the shipping of $9.94. See my Blog of January 5, 2019, I Did A No No to get some background of why I ordered those items. I really believed the ad
to be true.

Today at lunch with ten friends, I mentioned my purchase of skin care and from every side of the table I heard, "That's a scam or you have been scammed." One person told me that Savannah Guthrie announced on television, this very morning, that she has never been involved with any skin products. My hopes of thinking I had escaped being scammed in my life time came crashing down. When I arrived home I looked on the Internet under skin care scams. Sure enough, there were a few skin care scams and the explanation of how they pick well known figures and begin touting that the famous people are behind the product. When in fact, the well known persons know nothing about their name  being used.

When I got home, I immediately contacted my credit card bank and informed them of my being scammed. I was told they cannot put a hold on my card but gave me two numbers to call to see if the order could be canceled. Audrey, from Customer Care, was very nice, cancelled my order, and sent me two e-mails to that effect. I hope I have solved my problem.

I feel so dumb/stupid that I was taken in by something like this just for an item that probably does not even work. Though, someone at lunch today told me that I did have a glow about me.  If she had told me before I mentioned the scam, I might have believed her. I think she felt bad I had been scammed and wanted me to feel better.

Beware of ordering anything from the Internet because you never know who is honest and who is not. I never order stuff because I don't believe the different ads, but this time, I was fooled and bit into the announcement that Savannah Guthrie was leaving her position to work full time on her skin care products. Sounded feasible. I guess the old adage of live and learn is coming true for me!

"The product might actually work,
but getting out of a billing cycle
 or even getting a refund can be 
next to impossible."
Internet Information

3 comments:

  1. I think as we get older we want to reverse the effects of aging and are looking for the "fountain of youth"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better believe it, and even if we know nothing will help the wrinkles, we continue to hope that maybe something will work!

    ReplyDelete