As many times as I drive along Wadsworth and pass the Arvada Center, I see what is showing on the marquee and wish I could see some of the shows listed. Trav'lin is one that has appealed to me ever since it was advertised but tickets are quite pricey so I never gave it another thought about going to see it. A free ticket to see a musical made me respond with "see you at the theater!"
Off came my pajamas, a quick washing of my face, put on some make up, slipped on some clothes and I was in my car ready to meet my friends. I am fortunate that I do not live far from the theater and that my friends had thought of me to join them!
Trav'lin turned out to me a fun play about how love can be messy. Three couples struggle in keeping their romance moving forward with many ups and downs. The lyrics sung by talented actors were wonderful and the voices powerful. The sets slid in and out silently showing us a beauty parlor, park scene, and dance hall. It amazes me how the sets can be minimal, yet convey what is going on in the lives of the characters.
Sitting near us were five persons with notebooks and watching the show intently. At intermission I went over and spoke with one young lady and asked her why they were taking notes. She told me they are the understudies who will take over whenever needed. She had two roles she had rehearsed and I was flabbergasted that she had to learn two parts. I wondered, first, on what memory she must have and, second, did she ever get the parts confused.
I thoroughly enjoyed the play and my thanks go to my friends for the invite!
"Life is messy.
Love is messier."
Internet Quote

How lucky are you that they had an extra ticket abd thought of you!
ReplyDelete