Tuesday, April 30, 2019

My Beautiful Church

On Easter Sunday at Spirit of Christ Catholic Community there were many white lilies throughout the church. Lilies are symbolic of joy, hope and life and represent a time for rejoicing and celebrating. In searching the Internet I found a legend I had never heard. Lilies began with the teardrops that Eve shed as she left the garden of Eden. I found out lilies also represent a new season and a new birth. They also represent Christ's resurrection. Very appropriate for Easter.
It is interesting that the beautiful flower is toxic to cats and by eating any part of the lily plan they can get kidney failure and die.


A few days after Easter I stood at the entrance of the church and couldn't help think how I enjoy attending functions at this church.
 Outside the trees are blooming in pink and white and there is peaceful feeling surrounding the area.




I also know it is not the beauty of the flowers that makes this church special. The people make this church a loving home for many of us. Friendships abound and it appears that there are no strangers. Everyone is welcome with a smile. Our two priests are not only good-looking but wonderful faith leaders. Yes, I love my beautiful church!

CHURCH:
WHERE WORSHIP LIFTS US
THE WORD CHALLENGES US
THE HOLY SPIRIT IMPACTS US
AND THE FELLOWSHIP ENCOURAGES US!
Brian Charles Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment