perfect; blue sky, orange sun rise, white moon on western sky, green trees, and snow covered mountains. As I drove I sang, "Oh what a beautiful morning." The church was beginning to fill up when I arrived and every where I looked were large pots of white lilies.
Waiting for mass to begin I looked around the church, and realized that I am a visual person. I like statues and pictures to help me meditate. Spirit of Christ Catholic Community has neither and I found it strange that I had never noticed it before. The choir had one man singing along with the pianist and a drummer. Of course, the piano player has an operatic type voice and the three men made beautiful music together. Why is a large choir needed? I thought.
How peaceful I felt. No matter what doubts I may have about my religion, I know with all my heart that I could not have made it without God's help!
After mass a friend and I went to eat breakfast and the weather was still mellow. I came home to prepare a mousse to take to another friend's home and I noticed it suddenly got dark outside. Then I heard the rain drumming on my roof. By the time I arrived where the dinner would take place, the weather was beginning to warm up and the sun was trying to poke its face through the clouds.
The family consisting of twenty persons were already munching on a table full of snacks. Italian sausage, salami slices, four layer dip, cheese, deviled eggs, chips and donut like Italian bread. Some of us sat around the table and chatted, others were in the living room watching a game and some were outside on the patio. I feel so at home with the family and one person commented, "You are family."
I feel fortunate to be adopted by this family! I even had a glass of wine and did not wheeze because it did not have any sulfates!
The main course was meatball/sausage in sauce, ham, funeral potatoes, stuffed pasta, salad, and rolls. Everything was delicious and then out came the desserts. Fruit salad, jello-coconut salad, pumpkin mousse, cupcakes, cheese cake with blueberries on top, Italian cookies and birthday cake. Four people celebrated birthdays!
What can I say....I am stuffed. It is almost nine o'clock and I will not eat anything more today!
"Easter is the time to rejoice
and be thankful for the gift
of life, love and joy.
Have a Blessed Day."
Internet Quote

No comments:
Post a Comment