Sunday, April 7, 2019

Seeing a Friend from the Sixties

My friend and I worked together. It's been a long  time ago but I do remember that she and her sister were married to policemen and my friend's husband was shot while on duty. They had two daughters who were about the age of my children and we would often do things together. I remember going on picnics in the mountains! My friend moved away from Colorado and settled in California and we lost track of each other.

Friday evening at our church's fish fry, I saw a lady sitting across from me. I walked over to her and asked her if she was my friend's sister. She hesitated and said my name with a question. Even though she belongs to my church I had never seen her at any of our functions.

We had an interesting time catching up and I found out my friend still lives in California and is doing fine. I asked for her number, but her sister did not have it on her and will give it to me later. Wow, what an amazing encounter to see someone from my past. Her husband did not recognize me but said he remembered my name. One thing for sure, my friend's sister still looks good!

Once I get my friend's phone number, Facebook, or e-mail it will be interesting to catch up on all that has transpired since I last saw her.

"It's always hard when
you've known a person
a long time and then
you have to recognize
that you have nothing
left in common but 
your memories."
Eva Heller


No comments:

Post a Comment