Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Birthday Fun

The day I was invited to join four other friends to celebrate a birthday, I did not know the big surprise that awaited us. We were told we would meet at 10:00 a.m. and then the surprise would be revealed!
And it was! We would go to the newly opened Alamo Draft House Cinema in Westminster to see Downton Abbey!

We arrived early so we sat on a bench outside and chatted about this and that! The young manager told us the place would open at eleven and I asked him to take our picture.
 When the theater opened I was amazed at the small gift shop, the large movie posters and a brightly colored mural on the wall.



We all ordered something different; friend pickles, smothered French fries, and pizza. We ate and made ourselves comfortable in the recliner chairs to wait for the movie to begin. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie because I already knew all the characters from watching the series on television. The ending was happy with no horrible surprises and it really did seem as if everyone lived happily ever after!

We drove to a friend's home for cake and cream puffs and to sing Happy Birthday to the birthday gal!


A wonderful day and I had to laugh when one of the ladies said, "We are almost the 500 Club!" (The USA 500 Clubs are exclusive regional communities for successful professionals.) I suppose that by adding all our birthdays we might come close, but certainly not any time soon!

"There is nothing better
than a friend, unless it's
a friend with chocolate!"
Linda Grayson

No comments:

Post a Comment