Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Life Transition

One day as I was driving down Wadsworth Blvd, an idea entered my mind. I don't know where it came from but I thought it would be fun to have a skit showing our transition in life from being a baby up until retirement age. I belong to the Young At Heart (YAH)  group at Spirit of Christ Catholic Community and  it would be a comical show at one of our dinners. Instead of having to pay for entertainment, members of the group could perform in the skit. It would be fun to show how everyone moves from one phase to another until retirement.




First Act:  A person or persons would dress and act like a baby. Props would be pacifier, baby bottle, teddy bear, baggy diaper and there would be no speaking parts just a lot of miming. As baby waddles off stage, two children would enter.

2nd Act: Two kids with freckles, jump rope, skate board, pushing each other, acting like kids. They skip off stage.




3rd Act. Teen-agers dressed like in the '50's, jitterbugging, hand in hand, carrying school books, etc.

4th Act: Business people in suits with briefcase, Doctor with stethoscope, nurse in white, construction worker with hard hat/tool belt, military, farmer, golf club, tennis racket, beach ball, maybe a grandmother with the two original kids, etc.




5th Act: 55 year olds…..join YAH by filling out large registration page, relaxing in lawn chair with glass of wine, straw hat, travel, (carry a vacation flyer) cards (use giant cards) carrying a book, mass with large rosary, gambling (make a  card board slot machine?)



Just thinking about how much fun this could be I could hardly contain my enthusiasm before speaking with the President of the club. She liked the idea and it will be discussed at our Board meeting. Already I have certain persons who I believe would be excellent in the different acting parts needed.

I do not know where the idea came from but I have a sneaky suspicion that God put the idea in my head for our group to have some silly and crazy fun!

"Your life is a story of transition.
You are always leaving one 
chapter behind while moving
on to the next."
Anonymous
"

1 comment: