Monday, September 16, 2019

God's Surprises

On Sunday I drove to The Fort to the 1830's Rendezvous & Spanish Colonial Art Market, something I have done for many years.  In the past I volunteered and worked at the Tesoro Cultural Center and every year I helped, I was given a t-shirt. Strange how the t-shirts seem to have shrunk until they no longer fit me! After I stopped volunteering I continued going to see the Hispanic Santos, wheat art, jewelry and listen to the New Mexico style music. The music reminded me of my Father who played some of the tunes on his harmonica. It just so happened that the violinist is a friend and is married to a friend who worked with me in the past.

This year I arrived and parked my car and a golf cart picked me up and took me to the entrance. I made my way to where the music was playing.  They were scheduled to stop playing in about ten minutes after I arrived. Looking in my purse for my phone so I could take some pictures I realized my phone had been left in the car.  My dilemma was either I could return to my car to get my phone but miss the musicians or I could find someone with a smart phone and have them take a picture and send it to me. I looked around for a familiar face but I did not know a soul other than the musician playing his violin and singing.

Sitting next to me were two ladies so I asked them if they had smart phones. One said she did so I explained my problem. She was very friendly and took a picture of the Southwestern players and one with me and my violinist friend.

The ladies and I continued talking and one of them attends Spirit of Christ Catholic Community and lives near Pomona High school. The other lady lives in Erie, Colorado. I mentioned Young At Heart and both seemed interested in joining. I told them about our dinner on the 19th of September and both said they would like to come. One is Native American and was wearing beautiful turquoise jewelry. She told me she is a story teller and I suggested she might like to come and speak to the YAH members. She introduced me to a friend who is a professional photographer. He showed us some of his work and I was impressed with his wild life shots! He took our picture and since he does excellent work with wild life, I am curious to see what he does with three women!

From the Lebanese Festival to the Hispanic Market, Sunday turned out to be a wonderful day. Meeting the two ladies at the Fort  was a special bonus and it was all because I forgot my phone in the car. I can't help but think that God planned and arranged it as he seems to do so many surprises in my life!

"God reveals himself through surprises."
Pope Francis

1 comment: