Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Movie or Book

One of my favorite pass times is to travel and take photographs of interesting things I see along the way. I also enjoy a good movie and since I can see Netflix movies whenever I want,  I am set for enjoying my afternoons. Books come in third, unless I get a hold of a great story. Then, the book takes precedence over anything else. Right now I am reading The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon and I am finding it very hard to put the book down. No more movies or traveling until I finish the exciting and mysterious story!

About a month ago I requested the book at the library and when I checked I was told I was still around number ten. It must be a very popular book!  I also checked to see if I could get it on my Kindle but I did not want to pay the $13.00. My book club meets every third Tuesday of each month and I was afraid I would not get the book in time to read it. I decided to drive to a bookstore at Flatirons called 2nd and Charles and to my surprise they had it and it only cost three dollars. Now I am engrossed in the story and hate to set the book down when I have something to do. One thing for sure is that I will be ready to discuss the story at our next book club meeting!

"Books are mirrors:
You only see in them what 
you already have inside."
Carlos Ruiz Zafon

1 comment:

  1. I really love this book as well and our Book Club had a great discussion around it. I liked it so much that I bought the next book in this series at 2nd and Charles in hardback for $3.95!I was not ready to read it right away so I gave it to a friend to read. Haven't heard from her about her thoughts so I am not sure she has started it either.

    ReplyDelete