Monday, September 23, 2019

Honorary Fire Woman

I am not really a fire fighter but today I sure felt like it! I was invited to Panera's by two thoughtful friends and when I arrived we got our coffee and tea. We headed toward the table they had chosen  and I could see there were two gift bags on the table. I asked, "Is it some ones birthday?" They laughed whole heartily and told me the gifts were for me. First I was told to open the white bag. In it I found a bunch of neat fire fighter's stuff; a pink and a red hat, a pencil holder with crayons, a picture of a firetruck, a sheet to color, a white feathery boa, and a lovely card from my two friends. All the while they were giggling as they handed me the larger bag.

 
What a surprise! They had enlarged and framed my picture with the four firemen taken at the Italian Festival at Belmar! What a thoughtful gift because I no longer have to look in my phone at my photos but can gaze at those gorgeous men that will be hanging on my bedroom wall! I still haven't figured out the significance of the white boa. Maybe a hint that I could put the boa around my neck and dance in front of the half naked men in the picture!

I mentioned how much fun it was receiving my neat gifts and they told me they had lots of fun putting it together!  They said, "We were so afraid you would cancel and not meet us and we were so excited for you to see what we had put together for you!" Thank you kind ladies, you made my day today with you kindness and thoughtfulness!


" 'Why did you do all this for me?'
  he asked, 'I don't deserve it. 
I've never done anything for you.'

'You have been my friend,' 
replied Charlotte, 'that in itself 
is a tremendous thing!' "
E.B. White, from
Charlotte's Web

No comments:

Post a Comment