Today is the 5th of May and I am getting ready to go to a friend's house to meet some friends and have some sort of a celebration. Even though this day is not celebrated in Mexico, it has become a traditional holiday here in the United States. The menu, I have been told will be Pozole, guacamole, chips and a dessert. I am in charge of dessert and I intend to surprise them!
We all arrived with our goodies around 4:30 p.m. and began snacking on a green chili salsa with chips. It always amazes me how much we can talk about so many subjects! Around 6:30 we entered the kitchen to sit at the table already set and with a large lazy Susan with diced Mexican cheese, onions, peppers. avocado, cilantro, and radishes. The pozole was served hot after simmering with meat, tomato, onion, corn (both homily and yellow corn), chili flakes to make a delicious pozole-soup. Flour tortillas and sour cream for those that wanted them were also on the table. After filling up on the Pozole, we were served cold, sweet watermelon. I then brought out the Mexican Fried Ice Cream that I had prepared for the climax of our dinner!
In the background, we listened to a CD of Cantina Classics, a variety of Mexican songs. Of course, I was the only one who understood the lyrics! We had a photo shoot where everyone got to wear the huge and heavy sombrero! What more can I say other than I had a wonderful evening eating good food and being with friends. My thanks for all who made this happen and especially to our hostess who makes us feel at home. When we are at her home, the saying of Mi Casa es Su Casa is true!
This is the time to loosen up
and indulge in happy and fun
times with family and friends.
Enjoy the wonderful day to the fullest!"
From the Internet

Perfect quote and it was a fun time. Love these celebrations we are now able to resume.
ReplyDeleteI do too! Hope we can have many more this year in 2021!
ReplyDelete