Sunday Night, January 24, 2021
I received a text, which I did not read, and then about five minutes later I received another text. I was dozing off and did not get my phone to see who was texting me around 10:35 p.m. When my phone rang, I decided to see who could be texting and calling. It was my friend who was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. She talked until 11:50 p.m. and I listened because I know of her illness. Below is paraphrasing the long texts she sent me.
Threw hambone out because of worms crawling out of it. Every thing I find she goes crazy. She got on her knees and scratched with her fingernails and said there were no worms. She is a lady that is against me. I threw away the hambones and beans after I wrapped it up. I had never seen worms like that boil out of a hambone, you know and it's what I was doing was cleaning off the headboard so that we can have the headboard an then once I saw that I said I am not eating those beans are in a juice of the headphones so I threw out the beans in the garbage disposal. So now I saw all these somebody sent to me but that made me think of this is that Bernie was walking into his house one night last summer and then there was another small time all the moths were out right this moth flew straight into his ear like it knew that was its home. So Bernie had to sleep it without more than his ear all night long and the next morning his son I got up early and took him to the hospital and they took out the moth with a long utensil, you know a medical utensil and Bernice at Rolla Oregon leave him there or take him out or what because he's not supposed to be there. Couldn't believe that Bernie left Martin is there all night I wouldn't of been enough to do that. Would you?
My response was, "I guess not." Another text came through.
The beans down the garbage disposal I don't keep those beans if the worms are in the hambone them there that bomb the worms are in the hambone is the first I've seen and I have been cooking beans all my life and I had a few balls I've never seen worms coming out of a hambone. It's the very first time, I've been cooking beans all my life and I have a few I've never seen worms come out of a hambone never. If my mother was alive don't know what she would say because they still people buy she may be those thigs were not yet now that I see the pictures of them people sentiment. Erlinda I saw on the first one I saw these little things here in my rug they were clusters of them the settings were moving like they were alive and hey were moving to eat another one another shedding so I started watching. I told my daughter because she didn't she wasn't paying attention she was watching a movie downstairs and I said well I'm going to go eat because she's going to blame me that I eat food in my room or something you know but I want an eight I'm going to go get half a banana I got me some credit when I get crackers with butter I think in the eye made me a plate but I don't need the right thread Ronald been doing the very best soon as I saw I put water in them and they were boiling soon as I saw those worms at Robles beans the jews (juice) went down the garbage and then I wrapped up the beans and threw them in the garbage.
Erlinda this is what they took it and let me call you. Are you still up? Let me talk to you tomorrow cause I got to tell you everything I don't know I don't know what's happening but they are making those rugs out of all of the worms or something and I thought it as so nice to work on South Carpet laugh out loud I thought it was really nice to work on self-confidence I am digging out one right now Erlinda the white ones are on the bottom like the eggs and dark ones are on the top to see this rug here it's different colors of a gray light gray beige each day they do look like worms and I had Laura became irritated with me and she said, "the doctor Mom, the doctor said I'll stop it stop saying that those are worms right now" and she's the doctor she said something is wrong with you I said something is wrong with everybody. Erlinda let me call you on the phone.
She called me at 10:40 and told me that the Dr. found something near her brain but she should just live out her days....she asked me what I though he meant and that his comment could be interpreted two ways. One would be she would die soon and to let her live her life without any operations and the other was that she had an extra brain. She told me about her son telling her he also wanted an extra brain and that they had laughed. She spoke of many things, some things made sense but others didn't and I just listened. Around ten til midnight she said that she had been talking a lot and that Bernie tells her "we have talked for a long time, maybe you should get some sleep." We hung up. The next morning I texted her to see how she was doing and she said she would call me back and I have not heard from her. I worry about her and wish there was someway to keep her lucid though with Alzheimer's there is no going back!
January 27, 2021
After speaking with my friend today I felt good because she sounded like how I remember her. She said she still remembers some of the skills she learned at Legal Aid and said, "I'm getting my brain ready to talk with you." She told me how she is strong and shoveled a path in the snow yesterday. "My Lord God and my Creator will keep me strong." She wanted to go to a bank on Mineral Road and her daughter insisted she would go with her and they went in her Mercedes. Said that her daughter is giving her a hard time and Christine wants to talk for her. She again told me that three doctors examined her and told her there is nothing wrong with her. She was told, you look good and nothing was found in the body scan though they did see something near her brain but because of her age they will not operate and she should live her life. She said she sang "Let it Be." today. Christine is getting combative and bossy. "She thinks that because she was able to take over her mother-in-law's affairs who suffered with Alzheimer's that she can take over and boss me around." I told her that her daughters' love her and they would never do anything to hurt her. She agreed yet said "But I am not sure about Christine."
She again told me she is strong. Cleaned out the pantry and found 25 or more expired cans that belong to Laura. She suspects she must get them somewhere other than KS since she did not recognize any of the labels. I said maybe she could donate them to a food bank and my friend said, "Yeah, Laura's food bank." That made us laugh. She again told me about what the doctors told her about not operating because of her age and I asked, "Did they say that the spot would affect your memory?" She did not answer but went on to tell me how she did laundry, blankets. She sounded normal to me. She seemed sensible and together. She has a fear that her daughters' are planning something but she still has her skills from working at Legal Aid so she would defend her self. She really sounded normal today as she listened and answered.
I felt better today after talking with her because it was like talking to my friend like we used to talk! She always had a sense of humor so sometimes I do not know if she is kidding or serious.
And I am sure this saga will continue......
No comments:
Post a Comment