In order to get the two men straight I had to watch both programs which come on at the same time. I studied their faces until I was pretty sure I could tell them apart. As I flipped back and forth from one channel to another, I realized I enjoyed Kimmel's show better than the Tonight Show with Fallon.
If I happen to be up I will watch Jimmy Kimmel on ABC. If I do not like his guests I will switch over to Jimmy Fallon and if he seems boring, I go to Letterman. Fallon is a much more active host and sings, dances and plays games with his guests and maybe his being thirty-nine years old contributes to his antics. It seems to me he likes the spot light on himself more than on his guests. Thank goodness there are plenty of late night talk hosts and for the ever handy remote control!
I saw on the Internet where NBC will not have a guest appear if they are on any other talk show on another channel. That sounded pretty greedy to me and hoped that people would turn to watch Kimmel or stop watching Fallon because that would make NBC change its tune! Yet, so far, Fallon is leading the night talk hosts with more viewers but I wonder how long his popularity will last.
What makes me happy is that I can now tell the two Jimmys apart and no longer wonder which one I am watching!
"They play the same game,
They have the same name,
Both have some fame,
Both have same aim,
They certainly confused me
Until I saw them separately!"
E. Moscoso
March 8, 2014
No comments:
Post a Comment