Sunday, May 25, 2014

Looking Like Twins

Shopping at Costco the other day, I happened to see a Unisex Booney Hat. I liked the wide brim and that it was a Sun Protection Zone hat. I continued reading the information and liked that it was made from ultra-protective micro-fiber, had a wicking sweat band that will disperse moisture quickly, it floated and was water repellent. I liked that it was adjustable because one size fits most, weighed less than 2.5 ounces, the brim was 4 1/2 inches for sun protection and it would be great for boating, birding, hiking, fishing, beach, pool or any other outdoor activity.

Even though I realize I do not do any of the above-mentioned activities, I thought the hat would give me a  variety to the baseball caps I usually wear when I am outside. It also had 100 SPF and 50+ UPF which sounded like I would be protected from the sun's rays. I tried the hat on and it fit, so I decided I needed the khaki hat. I could imagine I was on a safari in Africa with my Booney Hat. I tossed the hat in my basket and went wandering to see what other things I could find that I could not live without!

While I was reading the label and trying to decide whether I wanted the hat or not, I counted sixteen persons picking up a hat. Later, when I was checking out I saw three more hats on the conveyor belt. Surely, with so many persons buying the hat, it must be a good buy!  The bad thing is that many persons in Arvada will be looking alike this summer!

"Grab your coat and get your hat,
leave your worry on the doorstep,
just direct your feet, to the sunny
side of the street."
Dorothy Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment