Wednesday, May 28, 2014

What's The Name of the Drink I Want?

Driving around doing errands I was hot and thirsty. I kept thinking of a drink a friend of mine brought me while I was recuperating from my broken ankle. The drink was ice-cold and on the bottom there were chunks of bananas and strawberries. That's what I wanted today on this hot day.

Pulling into a Sonic I asked the girl taking orders: "I don't know the name of the drink I want, but it has pieces of fruit at the bottom." She had no idea what I was talking about and said, "The only thing with fruit is a shake." I ordered it and she said it would be $3.98 for the shake. When I got to the window to pick up my drink she handed me a tall cup with ice-cream, whipped cream and a cherry on top. I told her that it was not what I wanted and once again explained to her that the drink was cold and fruit was at the bottom of the cup. She called another girl and that girl did not know what I was talking about either. They then called a supervisor and I explained the drink I wanted. She said, "It sounds like a slush."

The line of cars was getting longer behind me, so I said, "Okay, let me have a strawberry slush." The price went to ninety-one cents and the drink turned out to be what I wanted. It seems that all drinks are half price from two until four in the afternoon.

I did not want to think about what workers do when they have a difficult customer, but I have watched television shows where spit, snot, dirty fingers,etc. will be put into food or drink of a customer who complains. I thought about throwing the drink away, but I was thirsty and decided to drink it. I did get a bit nauseous but I think it was those negative thoughts in my head. Before I sucked up the fruit, I took off the lid and checked the fruit to make sure those were really pieces of strawberries at the bottom of my drink. I enjoyed the drink but probably would have enjoyed it more if I had not had those nasty and gross thoughts. From now, when I crave a cold drink, I will have to remember to order one of Sonic's Famous Fruit Slush.

No comments:

Post a Comment