Wednesday, March 23, 2016

A Blizzard in March

After a good night's rest, I opened my eyes at six-twenty, said good morning to God and his Mother, turned on the television and every station was talking about the horrible weather conditions. The pictures on the screen did not look bad. I could see pavement in some of the pictures. What a bunch of wimps, I thought. It doesn't look so bad. When I heard that schools were closing, I decided to get up and take a look outside.

A white, beautiful world greeted me. As I opened the screen door a waft of cold air hit me and the cool mist hitting my face gave me a shock and took my breath away. Now, I could clearly see what the newscasters were talking about--it really was a blizzard!

Blizzard:  Severe snowstorm with strong sustained winds
of at least 35 miles per hour.

Let it snow
let it blow
a white wonderland
of cold air
I don't care
staying in
with a good book.
E. Moscoso
March 23, 2016

12:30 P.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment