Sunday, March 13, 2016

A Sad Mass

Today, before mass began, Fr. David Bluejacket gave us an announcement that left me feeling blue. Change is difficult and I do not like it, especially when my pastor, whom I like, will be leaving us to go to another parish. Paraphrasing what he said: I want to thank you for being such a wonderful parish. I got to know many of you and it is with sadness, yet with a full heart, that I will be leaving Spirit of Christ and going to Our Lady of Loreto Parish in Foxfield, Colorado. I will miss you and go to my new assignment with an open heart.

I got the feeling that "God's will be done," was on his mind. His voice cracked a couple of times and my heart felt overcome with a sadness. Getting to know our parish priest took time, but once I knew him, I  enjoyed seeing him and talking with him. His homilies are the best and many of his sermons touched my heart! I got to know him better when he went on a pilgrimage to Chimayo with 43 other parishioners in August, 2015. I, and I am sure the rest of the parish, will miss him and we will have to get used to a different priest. I do not know what the Archdiocese rules are about moving priests around but I do know that it happens and in the past I have become accustomed to a priest and then he is moved to another parish.

The one thing that gives me a little bit of happiness is that I know he has two good friends who live south and he will be closer to them now. I wish Father the best and he has my prayers as he goes to his new parish. Vaya con Dios, Padre!


No comments:

Post a Comment