Saturday, March 12, 2016

Do I Know You?

Today while having lunch with a couple of friends I noticed a woman enter the restaurant and I had the feeling I knew her. I racked my brain but no solutions came to mind. I thought about where I had worked, where I went to church, and different places where I might have met her. Nothing came to mind. Every once in a while a sneaked a look at her and my gut told me I knew her but I could not place her.

When I got up to leave, I went over to her table and before I could open my mouth she said, "I know you!"  I said, "I also know you but can't figure out from where." We went through a litany of ideas like church and work and she asked if I went to St. Anne's. When she mentioned the church, something clicked and I asked, "Were you on a pilgrimage to Greece with a group from St. Anne's?"

"Yes," she said, "And I remember you." I felt much better having figured out where I had known her in my past. She said, "It's amazing that we have not run into each other in ten years because we both live in Arvada and that trip was in 2005."

2005 in Greece
2016 at St. Patrick's Festival in Arvada


"One of the things I like
about looking at picture
when you're young and
also meeting up with old friends
you haven't seen in a long time,
is, for me, a glimpse of who I was."
Lea Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment