When I was called a "smoked Irish," I did not know if it was an insult or a compliment. I just remember being told it meant that I was not a pure Irish person but one with a bit of color! Today, I joined people who some may have been Irish but many probably were not. It was the St. Patrick's Day Festival at Old Town Arvada and from what I could see, everyone was having a great time. The later it got, the music became louder, the crowds got bigger and costumes got wilder!
Green was the color of the day and people and dogs competed in their cute outfits. Two friends and I met to enjoy the festivities and our afternoon was enjoyable and delightful as we people watched, ate lunch at Ophelia's Mexican Restaurant, and looked at all the booths of travel, carpeting, candles, health, pillows and food. My day can be best described in some of the pictures I took at the festival. There was one picture I wish I had taken of a man with a white t-shirt with green lettering:
Kiss me I'm Highrish and instead of a four leaf clover a large marijuana plant! He passed by too fast and I missed my opportunity, but I did think the t-shirt was clever!
 |
| Skirt worn in Fiji also |
 |
| Posing for a picture! |
 |
| Latin-Asian Cuisine |
 |
Green and White
A real live Irishman
The End
|
No comments:
Post a Comment