Wednesday, May 18, 2016

A Math Problem

Looking through a large box of papers I have saved through the years, I decided to get rid of many of the papers. Looking and reading through past trips, letters hand-written to my daughter while she was in the Peace Corps, and other "important" stuff I found myself reminiscing about the past. This is ridiculous, I thought, I have got to get rid of the papers in this box.

An hour and a half later, I decided I had a math problem. Here is the equation:

After looking through 500 or more papers saved through the years,
I was able to shred two. How long will it take, if every three, or so years,
I  shred two more pieces? How long will it take before the box is 
completely empty? 




1 comment:

  1. I started on my pictures a while ago and took that trip down memory lane too! Once you start thinking about those times, t is hard to get rid of things

    ReplyDelete