trolley to continue our history lesson. He called some of the cement walls Santa Fake walls because they were not made of adobe. When he asked, "Does anyone know why there is no dome on top of the capitol?" Guesses were thrown out and the answer is that no building can be taller than the Cathedral.
After the interesting trolley ride we boarded the bus to go to Furr's Cafeteria for lunch. We were given a private room and conversations flowed among the pilgrims. One priest said that every time his parents came to Santa Fe from their village, they always ate lunch at Furr's. He remembered ordering the same thing every time he was at Furr's and he let us know he would order the same thing on this pilgrimage; two hamburger patties, mashed potatoes and gravy. I ordered the same thing and it was delicious!
There is a Trader Joe's store in the Furr's strip mall and many persons went in to buy goodies. I was surprised that no one bought the "Two Buck Chuck," wine because last year many persons bought the wine to bring home. The saying of "different strokes for different folks" is true.
Our trip home was full of laughter, talking about the trip, blessing of religious articles, and thanking the priests and the bus driver. Father thanked everyone for his birthday card and his congratulatory card on his ordination and I thanked everyone for the lovely card I received from the travelers. The bus driver, who received gifts, also thanked everyone. A card of the Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi
was handed out to everyone and we said:
Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master, grant that I may
to console; to be understood, as to
understand; to be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born
to eternal life. Amen
We arrived at Holy Trinity Parish around eight-thirty p.m. and I felt good about the journey. I do a lot of worrying on these three day pilgrimages but in the end and we are home safely, I can relax. I liked when I was asked when the next trip would be because it makes me realize they want to go again.
| The 2016 Pilgrims at Las Trampas |
No comments:
Post a Comment