Father Chris Renner told us he comes from Boulder, Colorado (Sacred Heart Parish) and spoke at all masses by introducing himself. Instantly, I liked his sense of humor. Before mass began, he asked for any visitors or people that were new to the parish. When no one responded he said, "Well, I am new and I am happy to be here."
Before the homily, he gave a brief introduction of who he was and where he had served as a priest. He mentioned Denver, Julesburg, Evergreen, Boulder, and maybe others but my memory cannot retain too much at one sitting. I thought he looked too young to have been at all those places because he does have a youthful appearance. I learned that he was born in Kansas but has lived in Boulder most of his life. His parents still live in Boulder in the home where he grew up.
It was a beautiful mass with our new pastor and I am looking forward to hearing his homilies and getting to know him.
Welcome to Spirit of Christ, Fr. Chris!
No comments:
Post a Comment