Thursday, June 30, 2016

Writer's Block

My blog has suffered this week because I have had writer's block. "Writer's block is a condition, previously associated with writing in which the author loses the ability to produce new work or experiences a creative slowdown."

I don't know why but no ideas came to mind, and if an idea presented itself, I just did not feel like writing about it. This morning I woke up and thought I should explain why I have not been blogging.

One of the things I could have written about was the hail storm that hit Arvada a few days ago. It came down fast and furious. A bit larger than a pea but smaller than quarter; it pounded my roof for about fifteen minutes. When I looked out, my driveway was white, just as if snow had fallen.

While in my back yard I was surprised to see the orange Tiger Lilys in full bloom. The flowers come out every year and seem to be spreading. I did not plant them so I have no idea how they began but the corner of my garage looks wonderful with the orange blooms!


Yesterday my daughter and son-in-law celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary. It has taken me by surprise because I had no idea it was already twenty-five years that they were married. It seems like such a short while ago that the special day arrived and they were married at the Shrine of St. Anne in Arvada. The carriage ride from the church to the reception was exciting for me but I don't think they were too happy about traveling by horse and carriage!


That's all folks. Maybe I have come out of my slump but I won't know until tomorrow when I get on the computer again!

1 comment: