Friday, December 14, 2018

Calling The Kettle Black

Shopping at Sprouts one day I saw a women checking out the grapes. The grapes were in individual packages and she would open each bag and squeeze some of the grapes, would pull one out and smell it and then return it to the bag. I stood and watched her go through about eight of the grape bags. It made me ill to my stomach to see her touching so many grapes that someone would eventually buy.

I moved to the oranges that were about $1.29 a pound. A young girl was coughing and she touched a few of the oranges.  As much as I like oranges, I did not buy any. The old saying of what you don't know won't hurt you is true.  If I had not seen the fruit being touched I probably would have bought grapes and oranges. I ended up going to King Soopers to buy my grapes and oranges!


Bananas, blue berries, and apples made it into my cart. When I got to the Persimmons, which I love,
I felt one. It was not soft enough for me. So I touched another one. I ended up touching all the Persimmons until I found two that were ripe. I suppose if anyone was watching me, they would not have purchased any of the Persimmons I had handled while trying to find out if they were ripe enough to eat.

At Costco most of the fruit is packaged and no one can "squeeze" the fruit and that makes me happy!




Yet, I realize that being too critical and picky about what others do shouldn't effect me since I do the same thing! I always wash my fruit before eating it, so what if others have handled what I am buying?  One of these days I will learn that I also do the same thing that upsets me about others.

"Who are you to judge how I live?
I know I am not perfect and I don't
live to be. But before you start
pointing fingers, make sure your 
hands are clean."
Bob Marley

2 comments:

  1. So you don't know if the Cost-Co Persimmons were ripe until you got them home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fact and what a surprise when I opened the package and three were completely ripe....the rest were slowing getting to the point where they would be good to eat!

    ReplyDelete