Monday, December 31, 2018

Sand Dollar

"Sand Dollar legend is an Easter and Christmas 
favorite which tells a story that includes the 
five slits representing the wounds of Jesus Christ 
when on the cross. 
The Easter lily with a star in the middle 
represents the star of Bethlehem and 
on the back is the outline of a 
Poinsettia, the Christmas Flower. 
When the Sand Dollar is broken,
there are five doves representing 
good will and peace."
From the Internet

When I sliced a persimmon the inside reminded me of a Sand Dollar and I wondered if persimmons also have a story. The flower on the inside of the fruit is beautiful and I looked on the Internet but did not find any legends about the flower in the persimmon. It sort of looked like an embroidery stitch.

"
"If it be not ripe it will draw 
a man's mouth awry with much torment. 
But, if it is ripe, it is as
delicious as an apricot."
Capt. John Smith, 1624

No comments:

Post a Comment