Last night it was different. There was no watching of television because my Dish must have had too much hail and rain bouncing off of it. I could hear the hail hitting my roof and windows. When I heard the hail hit a window I had a fear that the window might shatter. On my roof it sounded like many small animals running all over the roof. The house would light up from the lightning and the thunder seemed to explode right over my home.
Even though I have always heard to stay away from windows and doors during a storm, I opened the front door to look out. The tiny balls of hail seemed to be jumping around my driveway. The lightning did not rest but continued flashing like a light show. No sooner did one bright sky end when another one or two flashes would light up the sky again. It was a continuous show of light! It was scary and I closed the door.
This time the storm did not end within a few minutes but kept on pounding my roof for a least forty minutes.
God's name and all the saints were on my lips. Fear does bring one closer to God! Even after I went to bed around eleven, I could hear an occasional sound like rocks rolling off my roof. I listened to see if I would hear water leaking and I sniffed to see if I would smell burning from a lightning strike but other than the rain or hail hitting my roof everything seemed okay. I must have fallen asleep and if the storm continued I was not aware of it. This morning I thought the world was back to normal until on my television screen I saw areas where hail looked like ankle deep snow, flood warnings, and that seven tornadoes had been reported last night! Sometimes it better not to know because the saying of "what you don't know can't hurt you" rings true.
"I grew up in Texas but that was twenty
years ago. Last year in Ft. Worth,
they had hail the size of softballs.
We're seeing more and more
powerful storms of all types,
almost on biblical level."
Bill Paxton
Today after lunch one of my errands was a trip to Target to pick up a prescription and while there I got a few extras, just as I was checking out and getting ready to go out the door it started to rain and I DO MEAN RAIN!!! I have not see rain that hard in the years I have been in Colorado--it does rain and rains hard, but not to this magnitude! And it kept up for about 15 minutes and more and more people waited before the doors as I did inside the store hoping that it would let up! Finally it did and I made a mad dash for my car!!
ReplyDeleteIt seems to me that Colorado weather has been sort of weird lately!
ReplyDelete