Monday, June 8, 2015

Three Persons In One

I am beginning to believe that I am a total of three persons in one body. Am I being sacrilegious when I say I understand the Holy Trinity better now than I used to in my past?  I have come to realize that when I wake up in the morning at 4:30 or 5, I am different from the person I am later in the day. It is as if I am two, sometimes three completely different persons.

When I worked I was one person; got up, went to work, came home and enjoyed weekends. After I retired I sometimes find it difficult to recognize myself. I get up early and piddle around doing different things like blogging, reading, preparing breakfast, eating, doing dishes, sweeping the kitchen, etc. By 9 a.m.I am tired and  crawl into bed with the intention of resting a bit before starting my day. To my surprise, two hours later I wake up. At this point I am full of energy. I get myself together and go to meetings, shop, lunches, clean house or run errands. Lately, I notice that I may wake up early with a feeling that I am raring to go, but before long I need to take a nap before my day can really begin.

It worries me that I seem to spend more time in bed and that afternoon has become my "normal" day. Yet, it may be that I am going to bed much later than I ever did when I worked. Maybe that is why I have become two persons under the direction of one leader. I suppose the leader directs the two persons; tired one and energetic one on what they will be doing. If I have something to do in the morning like attend mass, meet friends, or go to my book club I force myself to stay away from my bed and am able to stay up all day.

Somehow, this has made me understand the Holy Trinity. I can understand how there can be three persons in one body. In my case, instead of Father, Son and Holy Spirit,  I am Early Riser, Napper and Doer!


"The only good mornings are ones 
that start in the afternoon."
Unknown

"I've always found that
the speed of the boss
is the speed of the team."
Lee Iaccoca

                               "Think in the morning.                                
Act in the noon.
Eat in the evening.
Sleep at night."
William Blake

1 comment:

  1. I feel better if I get up early, or I should say I seem to get more done, but I too poop out--and since I stay up very late (or very early, since it's around 2;00 AM) I need to sleep later in the morning unless I have to be somewhere! I am not much of a napper, but wish I could be

    ReplyDelete