Sunday, June 7, 2015

Kizomba

By chance I happened to watch a video on Facebook and saw a couple dancing to a slow, sensual beat. I have watched salsa or bachata which are fast moving but this one caught my eye because it was slower though the couple still used sexy moves. I had also heard of the popular exercise called Zumba, yet I was curious about Kizomba.

Wikipedida: Dance originated in Angola in the early 1980's and has a slower and romantic rhythm. The music has been around for longer. It is a mixture of Portuguese and African beats and usually sung in Portuguese. The dance has spread to many countries in the world.

Even though the rhythm is slower than the Salsa, the woman still moves her hips as if they are on greased rollers. She uses her hips to make the dance extremely sensual. To me the dance looks like movements made by a couple having sex. The only difference is that they are standing up and moving across the floor to sensual music.  It seems that a requirement is that the woman wear leggings, a bra like type top, high heels and is slender. She appears to be gyrating on the man's leg even though he is in tennis shoes and jeans!

The dance moves, coupled with rubbing of bodies and moving as one, makes me wonder how they don't get turned on. I would think that after dancing Kizumba, the couple would go look for a room! The music and dance moves are quite sexy.

After watching Kizomba for a while I longed for the good old ball room dancing where couples could dance to a foxtrot, waltz, jitterbug and sometimes a cha cha cha, rumba, mambo or samba. Men dressed in suits and woman wore nylons, heels and nice dresses. Even on Dancing With Stars, the dancing has evolved to skimpy outfits for the women, lots of jerking and tossing of the head, shirtless men, and acrobatic lifts! Call me old-fashioned, but I miss the days of dancing where while moving across the dance floor conversations could take place. Now, by the dancing I see, there is no room for a conversation and the more one can move the hips the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment