Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Lunch With Super Woman

All she needed was a large S on the front of her shirt. I have know Super Woman for about four years and continue to be amazed by her actions. I am not sure if I am a wimp but the things I have seen her do I could never have done. This Super lady has cooked excellent meals for our Young At Heart group from Spirit of Christ Catholic Community and since 2006 has volunteered for different positions. She has had three surgeries that I know of, and it seems to me she is up and about within a few days. In my eyes she never seems to have pain, though she tells me she has done her share of crying and yelling from the pain. "Oh yes," she said, "I have had pain, and so severe I did not know how I was going to make it!"

When we talked about a similar operation we both had, I told her, "I was in bed for three days after mine and you were at Mass the day after you went through basically the same procedure!" Either I am a big baby, our operations may have been a bit different, or my analysis that she is a Super woman is true!

Yesterday we met for lunch at the Cracker Barrel. After a second hip-replacement she is now walking slowly by using a walker and she can now drive her car. Part of the time she can use a cane so I know that before long she will be ready to run a race! No matter what her circumstances, she continues being a woman with a positive and happy attitude. We wandered through the gift store and saw beautiful, different and interesting things for sale.

We were seated by a window and after ordering our lunch we spent the whole afternoon talking about our past, our marriages, travels, YAH, funerals, people and food. We laughed a lot. The Cracker Barrel is a fun place because of all the antique items and pictures hanging on the walls. After lunch we sat in the popular rocking chairs outside and continued our chatting. A lunch that began at one ended around 5:30 p.m.


We shared a large candy bar that cost $4.99 and we both remembered traveling and stopping at Stuckeys for a Pecan Log Roll. This roll happened to be about seven inches long and very tasty! The weather was perfect, the company interesting, lunch good, and the Pecan roll melted in our mouths! Could we have asked for anything more?


Cracker Barrel originated to
provide a friendly home away from home
by having an old country store and restaurant.
First one opened September 19, 1969.

No comments:

Post a Comment