Wednesday, July 22, 2015

A Farewell Luncheon

Today I took my granddaughter to lunch before she goes on a week long vacation to California. This is her first time traveling by herself and I wanted to see her before she flies away! My granddaughter has traveled with me a few times to California and to Mexico so she is aware of the in and outs of traveling. I found it interesting that she and my California granddaughter made plans to see each other. When they had their plans all made, they told their parents. What could the parents do but continue with the plans.

"I do not have a fear of flying, but I do have a fear of someone vomiting on me," she told me. I told her that those were two things that would probably not happen. Kids are so funny because I could think of many other things that would scare me! Of course, I did not tell her what would frighten me. Kidnapping, plane being hijacked, plane being diverted or getting lost at the airport were some of the things that ran through my mind. 


We ate pizza at Amici's and then went to Sonic Drive-in for dessert. She had a blue coconut slush and I had a hot fudge sundae. I showed her my selfie stick and when I saw how excited she got playing with it I gave it to her to take on her vacation. I gave her $20 so she could take her cousin out for lunch at one of their favorite hamburger places called Brea's Best. We said good-bye with a big hug, I told her to have fun, and we told each other, "I love you." She promised to keep me up dated by texting. "I want to know everything you guys are doing," I told her.



No comments:

Post a Comment