Sunday, July 12, 2015

Baby Back Ribs

I am not a meat eater. Very seldom do I order a dish with meat. But, today I was craving ribs. When I picked up my granddaughter for lunch we decided to go to Bennett's Bar-B-Que in Arvada, Colorado.
The place had been closed due to a fire that occurred a few years ago. Now that it has reopened we thought we would try their ribs. Both my granddaughter and I enjoyed the rack of ribs that we ended up sharing.
She ordered a side dish of french fries and I took the baked potato. We both got a slice of garlic bread and lots of ribs. I liked that there were extra bottles of sauce on the table ranging from mild to hot. My favorite was the hot sauce.

I enjoy talking with my granddaughter and then we Face Talked with my granddaughter in California. It was amazing that we could see each other and have a three way conversation while we ate. All this was done on a smart phone. A few years ago I would never have believed that seeing someone on a phone would be possible!
The end of our lunch!




After lunch we went to see the Disney movie Inside Out. I am beginning to believe that "kids" movies are also for adults. In the theater there were many adults (alone without children) enjoying the movie. A man in front of us laughed through the whole movie! The plot for Inside Out is quite clever and I felt silly getting teary eyed with the animated figures. I know the movie is make believe, that it's all done digitally, that it is not real and yet a part of the story of a little girl named Riley who is controlled by joy, fear, anger, disgust and sadness touched my heart!

2 comments: