Monday, July 20, 2015

Bazaars Galore

One of the fun times enjoyed in the summer time are bazaars or festivals at different churches. Some persons I know try to go to every single bazaar through out metro Denver. I tend to stick to the bazaars in the northern part of the city. Holy Family, Our Lady of Guadalupe (though parking is atrocious),  Holy Trinity, St. Anne's, Mount Carmel or St. Catherine's are fun festivals I have attended in the past. The last few years Ive gone to Our Lady of Visitation and Shrine of St. Anne's.

Yesterday some friends and I were at Our Lady of Visitation festival and we enjoyed delicious Mexican food, great desserts, and cold drinks. We played a few games and I did end up winning $2.00 after spending $10! The music by Rick Garcia had the cement dance floor crowded with
happy persons doing corridos and Latin dances. This is one time I miss not having a partner because the music beckons to my
dancing feet!

One thing about the festivals is that you will see people you do not expect to see. I belong to the Young at Heart group from Spirit of Christ Catholic Community and there sat two friends from the club enjoying
the music.  I saw a young woman dancing and I thought I recognized her. She would fade in and out among the other dancers and when she walked off the dance floor I followed her. It was the daughter of a friend of mine. Her mom and some of her family were sitting in the shade
and it was like old home week as we hugged and chatted!


Whenever I attend Our Lady of Visitation for mass or their festival, and I happen to see Federico Pena, (I call him a celebrity) we get our picture taken with him. Yesterday was no different as we purchased pickle tickets from him. Pickles are cards with about five chances to win by matching pictures and which I never seem to match.

I am already looking forward to the Shrine of St. Anne's bazaar on July 24-26 where I will try my luck at winning something, anything! A few years ago I won $2000 in the raffle and every year I send up a silent prayer that maybe, just maybe, I may win big again! But, if I don't, I know I am helping the parish with their fund raising and I have fun doing it!


No comments:

Post a Comment