Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Feast for Tummy and Eyes

Lunch at Efrain's Mexican Restaurant and Cantina in Lafayette, Colorado was hot and delicious. The chile they prepare reminds me of my mother's. I had a smothered burrito with green and red chile. The green was a #10 which means it is extremely hot and the red is a bit milder but still has a spicy bite to it. I had the waiter all to myself because other than two tables outside with customers I was the only person inside. I felt like a queen being waited on because he could not do enough for me. Yes, I left him a 20% tip! Around 4 p.m. people were beginning to arrive and the parking lot had more cars than when I arrived at 2:45 p.m.

I ate and read, which are two of my favorite things. Could I have asked for anything more? In between eating and reading I chatted with the waiter. I had stopped in Lafayette on my way to Longmont to listen to Mariachi Vasquez who was giving a free concert at the Longmont Museum. While I was in the restaurant a rain storm had passed over Lafayette. Everything smelled fresh and clean as I drove around Lafayette and looked at some of the sculptures scattered around the town.

I saw a white angel, a small vixen, (female fox), a boy in the moon reading, a dragon and a Native American doing a sky dance.


The Scarlet Rose looked like an interesting house with all it's pink paint and  bows. I made a note to visit it if I am ever in Lafayette again. I got on Highway 187 toward Longmont where I would enjoy some Mariachi music. Not only did the city of Lafayette give me something to blog about but, in my mind, I was already thinking of my blog for tomorrow. It would be about the Vasquez family and their music.

2 comments:

  1. Love the statues or sculptures! I have been to The Scarlet Rose before, used to carry lots of girly things, lingre (spelling), nightgowns, robes, perfumed soaps, jewelery--Victorian types

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting store. I like visiting small towns because they always seem to have something of interest to offer.

    ReplyDelete