Shrine of St. Anne is holding their annual bazaar or festival this weekend. I went last night and even though I played Pickles and the Country Store, I won absolutely nothing! I stood in a line to buy tickets since the food booths do not accept money. Eight tickets let me buy a Italian sausage sandwich, a frittata (fried flat bread like a bunuelo covered in sugar and cinnamon) and a ice cream Dilly Bar.

At the bazaar one can run into many friends who also enjoy spending the evening having fun. The first person I happened to see was a soccer Mom from my past. She and I both had daughters who played soccer when they were around nine years old. Her daughters were also with her and I got to see a young lady I had not seen for about forty some years.

Looking for a place to sit down I asked a young man if the seat next to him was taken. "No, he said, "please take the seat." I sat down and struck up a conversation with a man and a woman across from me. They
happened to be the owners of The Beauty Bar in Arvada. As we talked she mentioned the name of two friends of mine that she also knew. Our thought was
what a small world!

I played a few games but did not win anything. It was as if fate was against me. When I had small numbers, large numbers would win. I changed my tactic and purchased large numbers (three numbers for $2.00) and number 4 won! I went to the pickle jars but no luck there either. The one place I am lucky is at the food booths so I went to get me a frittata and ran into a couple of friends. As we stood chatting another couple showed up. It seems to me that some of us see each other at different church bazaars!
From what I heard, there were a few other persons I knew wandering around the crowded grounds. They may have been playing Bingo or in the gym at the garage sale because I never saw them.
The big attraction will be this evening around nine when the big raffle of $5000 is won. A few years back I won $2000 but it sure would be nice to win something again and I would even be satisfied to win the $1000 or even the $500 this year! But if I don't win, there is always another bazaar some where around the corner!
No comments:
Post a Comment