Saturday, July 11, 2015

Does Color Really Matter?

I decided to make a fruit salad and wanted it to be, not only juicy and tasty, but colorful. What a surprise I got when I cut into the watermelon. It was yellow. Sometimes it is better to stick with what one knows. The outside of the watermelon was green and it was marked as seedless so how was I to know it was yellow on the inside?

The cantaloupe melon known as a Canary Melon or Juan Canary I knew was yellow by the outside. A long oval yellow melon with the taste of a cross between a cantaloupe and a honey dew. The bad thing was that I now had two yellowish fruits. I added strawberries, kiwi and grapes for some color. All I could think of was that red watermelon would have added more color to
my salad!




No comments:

Post a Comment