"A friend needed help because she had just moved from a house into a condo and then her daughter also was selling her home and packing things up. I offered to help her and for hours we piled things for the Goodwill, things she would keep and things she would pack. At one point my friend decided to buy some clear storage bins to put some of the things. Even though I was tired we went to Target and purchased some bins. My friend, who has a dog, needed to go feed and walk the dog and I went with her. She then suggested to go get something to eat but I told her I had the beginning of a headache and I should go home.
My friend convinced me to go to a fast food place because she had the dog and we ended up eating outside at Qdoba's. After eating we drove to Costco and by then my head was really aching.
I looked for my purse and it was no where in sight. We retraced our steps and inquired, at all the places we had been, if a purse had been turned in. No one had seen the purse.
We then drove to my son's home so I could get the extra keys for my car and for my house. My headache was worse. My friend drove me to my home and parked the car so the headlights would light my way as I walked to my doorway. Imagine my surprise and my shock to see my purse in the doorway.
I held my purse up and yelled that my purse had been left in my doorway. Everything was intact; money, cards, coin purse, and nothing was missing. I have no idea where the purse was found and who the kind soul who returned it could have been. I probably will never know I am just glad there are still good people around."
When I heard the story, I knew it was a miracle. I looked up the word "miracle" and here are three definitions for the word. They all fit what happened to my friend's purse!
A surprising and welcome event
that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws
and is therefore considered to be the work
of a divine agency.
An effect or extraordinary event in the physical world
that surpasses all known human or natural powers
and is ascribed to a supernatural cause.
Such an effect or event manifesting
or considered as a work of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment