Sometime in the 1960's my brother-in-law from Peru married a girl from Nicaragua. I decided that for their wedding I would bake them a cake. The sad thing is that I have no pictures of the cake and they don't
either. How I wish I had taken a photo of that cake because I remember I
worked hard at decorating the special

cake. I saw them the other day when they were on vacation in Colorado and they told me that they had celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary a few years ago. We discussed the cake and agreed the cake would just be in our memories since no pictures were taken of the cake.

It was a three tiered white cake with white frosting. I remember rolling out marshmallows to make flowers to decorate the cake. I also rolled the flat marshmallow in sugar before forming the white roses. On the top I put the traditional bride and groom figure. My sister-in-law remembered that another sister-in-law put the cake in her freezer to save the top of the cake until they would celebrate their one year anniversary. "We moved to California and we never got the cake from her freezer. Do you think it is still there after so many years?" We both thought not!

The bottom layer was about 12", the next was about 6" and the top was
probably 3". Not too long ago I sold those pans in a garage sale. My brother-law, his wife and I laughed as we thought that all we have of the wedding cake are memories.
No other of its kind
will we ever find
that three tiered cake
I did make.
No photos taken
top tier forsaken
only in my thought
is the memory sought!
E. Moscoso
September 2, 2015
No comments:
Post a Comment